How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50163
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

If you have 1 year service, can you only claim breach of

This answer was rated:

if you have 1 year service, can you only claim breach of contract only for financial loss i.e. holiday or notice pay etc.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What has happened in work, what are you trying to claim for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
changing place of work
duties without consent
bullying and stress - I think this is county court though
If you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will indeed be somewhat limited. You cannot claim unfair or constructive dismissal (i.e. if you are sacked or forced to leave because or unreasonable behaviour, bullying, stress, etc). Bullying can be claimed in the county court but as a personal injury claim only if you have suffered a recognised psychiatric illness as a result. The claims that do not depend in length of service are: Discrimination because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc. or unfair treatment because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.). Also breach of contract where you have suffered financial losses as you have identified. So changing place of work and duties without consent cannot be claimed by you, and stress/bullying are only claimable if you can shoe they resulted in personal injury. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you