taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I've been working company months & submit timesheets

Hi. I've been working for a company for 2 months & submit timesheets & expense sheets 4 weekly. When I started I was told the wage was £9 ph weekdays, £10 Saturdays & £11 Sundays & also that we're paid for 12 hours per day whether we work that or not. I've been paid this for the last 2 months. Other people who started after me but doing the same job are earning either £9 or £10 per hour 7 days a week for 11 hours per day.The company are now saying that those of us on the higher rate are being paid incorrectly & they intend putting us all on the same lower rate (£9) & only 11 hours. Are they able to do this? Also in future we will be salaried, is there any benefit to this?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. have they given you notice of the change?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One of my colleagues attended a meeting this morning & told me what was said. I have a meeting tomorrow morning
Ok they can do this but only if they give you notice of a change in terms and conditions. This should be whatever the contract states the notice will be or if there is no contract 1 weeks notice. There is no real benefit to being salaried other than it will be be more regular for you.
Please do let me know if there is anything further you would like to know. If I have answered your quesiton I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Hello would you like any further help with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, thank you. You've answered my question, although not the answer I was hoping for!