How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I live in Ireland and am having a problem with a former

Customer Question

I live in Ireland and am having a problem with a former literary agent of mine who lives outside London. I was wondering if I could start a legal claim against him using the British Small Claims procedure?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. Does he owe you money? If so any one is entitled to bring a claim using the English courts, as long as you know the defendants home address or last known address you can start a county claim. Can you tell me what the value of the claim is? Kind regards AJ