How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Do you deal with Employment Law in Scotland? My son, who is

This answer was rated:

Do you deal with Employment Law in Scotland?
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: My son, who is dyspraxic was paid off without any spoken or written warnings.
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.

I am a lawyer in Scotland. Can you give me a little more detail please including how long your son had worked there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son has worked there for just over a year. His employer was told he was dyspraxic. However there was a distinct lack of training. He was left alone for long periods of time and manned the phones. His boss seemed happy and then out of the blue told the office manager that he was going to get rid of my son. She was shocked �� She walked out because she felt my son was treated unfairly. She was told he was awkward on the phone. My son was told the next day it was because of spelling issues. My son had no contract, no verbal warnings and no written warnings. Surely this is not correct procedure? He has an Honours degree but dyspraxics often make mistakes if put under pressure. Thanks

Normally your son would need to have to been employed for two years to make a claim for unfair dismissal. However, from what you say your son was dismissed because of his disability and that is discrimination. No length of service is needed for a claim. Your son should see a lawyer immediately about this. A claim has to be made as soon as possible.

JGM and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you