How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I was engaged in February to a surveying company and the

This answer was rated:

I was engaged in February to a surveying company and the contract is a non-competition clause that says I'm not allowed to work five years to any company in the field after the contract ends or resign.
I had the necessary experience before working at this company and here I have not learned anything new. The salary they receive minimum wage and now I found another job in the same field where I get paid double. Please tell me if the non-competition clause is legal and if I could change my job. Thank you

That would appear to be unreasonable and unenforceable. 5 years and any surveying company anywhere? The courts wouldn't allow that. It's unenforceable as it's unreasonable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The non competition clause is : If the employee's contract is terminated or he/she resigns, the employee is not allowed to work in any company in the UK region involved in Facade/Cladding after 5 year.The employee is restricted from working directly or indirectly with any clients an or Company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any Clients and or Company for company where I work now.

That appears to relate to clients of your employer and would be permissible. That is not a blanket ban. It is to protect the company's existing business.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I understand, but I want to know if I can get the job at another company? Thank you

Yes you can, as long as you don't breach the terms of your agreement with your existing company.

JGM and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you