How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50148
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I'm trying to find a solicitor in Northern Ireland who will

This answer was rated:

I'm trying to find a solicitor in Northern Ireland who will represent me in an industrial tribunal versus my employer. I was a whistleblower at work 3 years ago. I have been discriminated against, harassed and victimised to the point of hospitalisation. I have substantial evidence but have been so ground down that I'm barely functioning. No solicitor will take on my case without reading the material which is enough to fill a filing cabinet. I can't afford the financial outlay as someone who was firstly forced out of work and secondly made so ill that I can't work. I have so much evidence. How do I get legal help? I can't cope anymore and need some help to stop them.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Are you still employed by them and if not, when did you leave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still employed but suspect they have found some tenuous means to sack me in the past few weeks. They have sent me repeated registered letters over the past month after a break since Christmas. Each letter has brought on a serious panic attack. I am too traumatised to open them. I have been prescribed copious amounts of diazepam to alleviate symptoms. I have not been taking them as I am 8 weeks pregnant. My partner is taking me to the hospital with a suspected miscarriage. They are taking everything away from me.

Hi there, in these situations I am afraid it is going to be a case of contacting various solicitors until you find one that is suitable to take this case on for you. Whilst you could find one which is qualified and able to do this, they may not have capacity at present or they may believe that your prospects are not strong enough for them to be willing to take it on. So it i a matter of trial and error where you contact local solicitors until you find the right one.

You can search for local solicitors to you here:

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you