How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50191
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have been involved in a Tribunal case and had an order to

This answer was rated:

I have been involved in a Tribunal case and had an order to produce a number of diffrent documents. My Solicitor submitted these to the other side as requested by the order. Then the other side requested an unless order for non compliance of the order to the tribunal. My solicitor disputed this and stated all documentation had been supplied and stated this in a letter to the tribunal. The Tribunal denied their "Unless Order"
I then had to release my solicitor from the case. Now I informed both the tribunal and the other side that I was self representing for the time period till I can find new representation. after 3 weeks I got a letter from the other side asking for all the information again and attached document they want me to fill in the gaps which content I do not agree to in any way. (This was not copied to Tribunal) I quiered this and they in a nut shell say I have to complie or they will go to the tribunal and get an order against me.
My question is as as far as I am concerned all the information has been served. and they tried to get an order against me which my solictor rebuked and was succesful. and dont agree with what they want me to "fill in" am I better of sticking to my guns and saying I have complied and let the Tribunal decide. the only issue I have with doing this in their letter they imply that if they are "forced" to go to the Tribunal it could be depremental to my case?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. If you are confident that all the correct information has been served on the other side then you would have no other option but to deny their requests and stick to your guns, regardless of what they say. An attempt to get this has already been made and been unsuccessful, unless any new evidence or information has come about the tribunal ill not consider the same request again - this is not a case of trying numerous times to get the same thing until you are successful and the more attempts they make without new evidence the more it is likely to go against them as they will look like opportunists and time wasters. So I am not sure what they mean by being forced to go to the tribunal - they have already done this and have not managed to get anything so this is likely jut to be an empty threat to try and get you to comply, rather than have any specific and genuine threat behind it.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that. I think they are stalling for more time as they have all ready broke their order time scale to comment on the information I supplied and think they are trying to blame me if that makes sence. Just as worst case senario even if they go to the Tribunal and try again I presume the worst that could happen is that the tribunal writes a new order against me. And should not prejuadice my case as being litergation in person? I do have another question re this matter. Can I open another question that goes to yourself?

Worst case is that an unless order is issued so that unless you provide the information they have requested something happens, such as the case is dismissed. But do not just do as the other side tell you, if you are confident tat there is nothing else to provide just say that and let the tribunal decide what happens next. Yes you may indeed post a new question for my attention and I will help if I can. thanks

If your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you

Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you