How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50191
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have overcharged my employer (Prison Service) mileage over

This answer was rated:

I have overcharged my employer (Prison Service) mileage over the past 15 years accumulating about £1500 in that time. I am aware that I am under investigation. I need advice please.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long ago did it emerge that you overcharged and was this your own admission? Please can you also tell me how long you have worked there all in all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all, I am wondering what sort of sentence I might receive as a result? I have not committed any previous offence.

Are the police involved?

Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50191
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor
Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The police are not involved yet. I am simply aware that that they are suspicious and that it is likely that I will be questioned soon.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!