Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

My daughter was inappropriately touched by a colleague which

my daughter was inappropriately touched by a colleague which was witnessed by her supervisor but he had made suggestive remarks and touched her before when she had no witness. She made a formal complaint three months ago and the person was suspended pending a formal investigation. she was assured that he would not be returning to the department whilst the investigation took place. Two days ago she was informed that the person would be returning to work in the department. She has had no written responses outlining the findings/recommendations of the investigation and has only been told verbally that the person is very sorry. On consultation with the HR department she was told they recommended that he did not return to the department. The organisation's disciplinary document has the events as Gross misconduct.
Can you help me with what actions she can/should take?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Based on what you have described, what is your daughter ideally hoping for so that I can look into her options? Please can you also tell me how long your daughter has worked for this employer for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ideally she would like this person to be dismissed since there is much discussion about him doing this to other people. At the very least he should be removed from her department. She has worked for the NHS for 13 years

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Tried calling you a couple of times but no answer so let me know when you’re available please