Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I have won an appeal at a Tribunal and where found unfit to

Customer Question

Hi, i have won an appeal at a Tribunal and where found unfit to be in wrag. I have just recieved a leter stateing that they are going to sanction me on a doubt...for not attending a wrag interview of which due to my health i could not attend. I told them by letter about my condition but they continue to harras me. I was told regulation 35 applied to my case at Tribunal. The Tribunal was on 30th last mounth and the samction for october time. Thanks John
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have a medical note which says you were unfit to attend?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i told them that i could get any medical note...but they nether responded. I wrote letter informing them about my condition.

Ok, then you can appeal the decision.

But you needed a note at the time saying you were unfit to attend.

If you can get this then you can appeal the decision.

It can be set aside and reheard. But you MUST MUST MUST get a note saying you were unfit to attend.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What about the Tribunal decision where does it leave me. I made an appeal to be placed in the support group. The notice said appeal allowed and decision was set aside. They said regulation 35 applied but not much else. Im not sure where i stand.

You can appeal the Tribunal decision. If it was made it can be appealed.

You need to show:

1) they were wrong in law,

2) they were wrong in procedure,

3) the decision was one which no reasonable Tribunal could have made.

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry iv been ill and unable to text. What if i cant get a sick note. The doctor is aware of my condition but they are sometimes not very helpful.

If you cant, then you have a problem. You must get one which says unfit to attend.

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

I am showing that you have given my answer a negative rating. Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rerating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.