taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I might possibly be suspended for having a relationship at

I might possibly be suspended for having a relationship at work, what rights do I have?

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello I’ve worked there for 4 years

Who is the relationship with and why would the company object to it? Is it a term of your employment that you do not have a personal relationship?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The relationship is with a manager and I don’t think it is in the terms of my employment no, but I did kiss him at work and I wondered if this is classed at gross misconduct

Hi it would be unreasonable for you to be suspended from work for this, you would be able to raise a sex discrimination complaint if the manager was not treated the same way and suspended too. You can raise a grievance if you are treated badly as a result of this.

Is there anything further you would like to know?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** would like to know Is is this grounds for dismissal?

No it would be unfair dismissal and sex discrimination if you are dismissed for this and the manager is not.

I very much doubt the company will take any action. If they try to you can raise a grievance.

If you have any further questions please do ask. Otherwise I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.