Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

My partner was recently made redundant and a few weeks later

Hi my partner was recently made redundant and a few weeks later has seen a job advertised by them for the same role just a slightly different job title would there be any case against them

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long did he work there for and when did his employment terminate?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She worked there for 11 months from 3Rd April 2017 to 5th March 2018. Her job role was production technician and the advertised job is for pharmacy technician but the job description and roles are the same

The only case against them would have been for unfair dismissal if she was unfairly selected for redundancy. However she needs to have had at least 2 years service to be protected. As she was only there for 11 months it means the employer could have selected her for dismissal even if it was unfair and normally it would have given her rights to claim. In this case that would not be possible due to her not having the required length of service to be protected.

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the actual legal position. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service I have provided regardless of the contents of the answer, I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. Thank you