Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am an employer and am currently in the process of trying

I am an employer and am currently in the process of trying to resolve an employment dispute with ACAS. I have also been asked to submit a ET3 form to the employment tribunal. This has to be submitted by the end of next week. I am hoping to settle via ACAS and therefore wanted to complete the ET3 form myself to keep costs down. I would however like the ET3 form to be review by a legal professional, so that should the case end up going to tribunal I know the forms content is in good order. Can this be done?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

This can potentially be done however as it is a review of documentation it will be a premium service and charged extra (how much depends on the length and detail of the form). If you can upload it on here please I can have a look and issue a quote?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ben can you confirm the upload service is secure as there are personal details on the form. I basically want the form reviewing and any legal terms you feel appropriate adding. The form is difficult to edit as it’s in pdf format and only allows a limited amount of rows. Would you also need the claimants ET1? Thanks

Uploading it on here will be public so if you need it secure then you have to email them to***@******.*** and include a copy of the question URL:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/employment-law/b3lwj-employer-currently-process-trying.html

They will then get forwarded on to me, although as it goes via customer services it may not be until tomorrow. Depending on workload (I am in court from tomorrow), it may be a couple of days until this is complete. The ET1 would be helpful too, please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ben this needs to be submitted Thursday . Is that possible in the time scales? Also what is the approximate cost for the premium service? I know this may change on sight of the documents.

Thursday should be no problem at all. I really cannot advise on costs at this stage especially not in this dialogue - it is done as a private interaction in a separate box once I know what it would be

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Documents sent to support. I look forward to your response.

Thanks, ***** ***** in touch

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ben. Offer accepted. Will you email the forms directly to me?

Thanks I will try to get customer services to do that. I will be in touch soon no later than Wednesday thanks

Hi there, I have had a chance to look at the forms - the ERT3 is fine, the main amendments are in the Response (Part 6). What I have done is created a separate document with the amended content (with tracked changes), which you can download here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b7qp6vkx49dwpbz/ET3.docx

Let me know when you have downloaded it so I can deactivate the link. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ben. Thanks. I have downloaded the document and will now read. Please deactivate the link
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ben in light of the information you have seen do you feel it may have been a bit unfair for our insurance company to not support us in this case? They told us they needed a 51% chance of winning? At the time we presented the case to them we had not detailed all the 'Legislation in the Statutory Framework' that back the view the claimant was not suitable for the role. Do you think it would be worth approaching them again and asking them to reconsider?

Hi there, to be honest you have nothing to lose by doing so - the worst that could happen is they say no again and you are left in the same position you are in now. The issue with calculating percentages of success is that there is no exact science to it. What someone may estimate as having only a 51% chance of success could be seen as someone else as a 70% chance. The 51% figure is basically used as a benchmark to say that they believe it is more likely than not that you will succeed, not that you have some exact percentage chance of it. The issue is that you are still relying on their opinion and sometimes they may (understandably) be quire conservative in this assessment. But do approach them nevertheless, I would if it was me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We’ll give it a try and see what they say. Really happy with the document you provided and the service. All the best.

Many thanks, ***** ***** luck