Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

We have a client who is unhappy about an oven clean carried

HiWe have a client who is unhappy about an oven clean carried out today, so I have offered a full refund, however i mentioned that i will be speaking with the operative concerned, and the client is demanding a report on my meeting with the operative. I wish to know if the client has any legal right to this info and indeed should this info be confidential as it will be on the employees record ?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Why have they requested this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not know, the guy in question was very rude on the phone,

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. There is no legal right for the client to have a report on the outcome of the meeting you will be holding with the employee. This is internal and confidential information and should not be disclosed to a third party without the employee's consent. It does not matter how much the client is pushing for it, their rights do not extend as far as obtaining that information. You can of course ask the employee if they are happy to have this information shared with the client, but if they say no, you should not forward it on. Doing so would potentially make you in breach of data protection regulations, and you can always use that excuse as a reason not to provide it to the client.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you