Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I have just left work due to a disciplinary matter after

i have just left work due to a disciplinary matter after agreeing to take a payment rather than go through the usual procedure i have left work but i am still on the payroll until the end of this month could i go sick due to stress which i am suffering from due to the matter concerned to delay the termination of my contract as money will be very tight .

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long have you worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
20 YRS
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
prefer not too

OK no problem and thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. It is entirely possible for you to get signed off sick and remain off until the end of your employment, if necessary. Of course, if you were to do so you would be expected to ensure that there is a valid reason for being off sick and also follow any absence procedures in the workplace (such as notifying the employer and producing a doctor’s note). Stress can be a valid reason for not being in work, but you would need to have that certified by your doctor and for them to agree that you are not fit to go into work as a result.

Also, remember that being off sick means you may not necessarily receive full pay for that period as your contract may not guarantee full pay if you are off. Therefore, check what our entitlement is and be aware it could go down to SSP only, which is only around £89 a week.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you