Remus2004
Remus2004, Advocate
Experience:  I am a barrister
12826847

I received a kerb crawling warning letter in 2016. I was not

HiI received a kerb crawling warning letter in 2016. I was not stopped at the time, or called to the police station or further investigated. Nor was i given anything to sign. I contacted the police force's number stated on the letter and spoke to an officer who I asked specifically whether this is a 'caution' who responded that it is not.
They also advised that this should not show up on any 'crb' checks but will be kept as 'police intelligence' (would you be able to explain what this is and what impact it has on me employment wise)I had also ordered a pnc subject access report 1 year later from the acro website which stated 'no information is held about me on the pnc'.I am about to seek new employment and worried that this may show up on standard or enhanced disclosure? Would you be able to advise on whether these would checks would show anything?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Are you facing enhanced disclosure?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's hard to tell at this stage. I wouldn't think so. My career is in the IT sector from an office so therefore I am not in contact with vulnerable people or children nor would I have responsibilities in regards ***** ***** or caring for such people. Please correct me if I'm wrong as this is based on resources from the internet.

Thank you. There is no way that you would be enhanced check. You just don't meet the criteria.

This will not show on standard or basic checking but it is possible that it could show enhanced checking.

That said, they don't have any evidence that you were the person kerb crawling. They just have evidence that your vehicle is used in that capacity.

That is an entirely different issue.

Can I clarify for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a period of time that this information is held with them as 'police intelligence' and whether it is or can be removed? And frankly is it worth doing?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
lastly, so that there's no ambiguity, if it were for example a simple caution, can this type of disposal only to be issued in a police station and have to be signed by to show that I've accepted the caution for such an offence? It's not something that can be given via post or over the phone etc

No, it will be held permanently.

It can be worth storing intelligence. Probably not in this instance. If there were a serial killer on the loose then it might be useful to know who is regularly in the red light district with no good reason to be there

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

That all street cautions now but they are not used really at all because they don't allow the collection of DNA and fingerprints which is often the government's main target.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Apologies, but the last answer wasn't very clear to me. Could you please clarify?

Not sure how much clearer I can make it. No, the only word caution can be administered is not a police station. However that is not likely to have happened here for the reasons explained.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry to test your patience. This is just for my understanding as I've never been in trouble with the police before.You are saying that the only place a simple caution can be administered is in a police station? (Which will end up on standard / enhanced dbs checks and on a pnc subject access request)Thanks. I will rate this question after this question

≥..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Response via here would be fine. I'm not looking for a phone call. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

No, that is not the only place the caution can be administered. There are street cautions now but they are not commonly used for the reasons I covered above.

You will not have been given a street caution. Unless this was administered to the police station you will not have a caution