Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I believe I am on a permanent contract at work. My employer

Hi, I believe I am on a permanent contract at work. My employer cannot find my original contract. They now want me to sign a new fixed term contract. I have found my copy of the original contract and it states I began my continuous employment on 29/4/09 with no end date. Does this mean the same as a permanent contract? Thank you

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Yes that would be a permanent contract. If it was not it would have an end date (such as a fixed term contract) or you would be on a zero hours contract where no work was guaranteed o you at all.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your response

you are most welcome