Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Could I work in the kitchen on contracted hour and also work

Could I work in the kitchen on contracted hour and also work in the care department on bank(zero hrs) for the same firm

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

It is entirely possible to have two separate contracts with the same employer. No law says that you can only have one job and one contract with one employer. Legally you can certainly have two jobs on two entirely different contracts for that same employer. As long as the employer is happy with it, there is nothing wrong with doing it that way.

If they suddenly say that this is not possible, and they are looking at terminating one of these roles, then that would amount to a dismissal and you could potentially challenge it if there is no plausible reason for it. As long as you have been there for at least 2 years you will have unfair dismissal protection.

Please take a quick second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss your rights in the event they terminate one or both jobs. There is no extra cost for this - leaving your rating now will not close the question and means we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a quick second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks