How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 55169
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have a case that a lawyer told me I cannot claim my money

This answer was rated:

I have a case that a lawyer told me I cannot claim my money in a tribunal because the underpayments happened more than 3 months ago, and that I should go to County Court. However, I have already made a claim on a tribunal as this is what the ACAS advised me to do. If I stop the tribunal process can I go to the County Court or will I lose my right to claim my money through court?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

You can still cancel the claim in tribunal and proceed through the county court if needed. What you cannot usually do is to make a claim in one venue, lose, then try to make the same claim again in another venue. In this case you have not ‘lost’ as you could not have made the claim in the first place as it is out of time.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you