Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I work in the hospitality industry and in my contract I have

I work in the hospitality industry and in my contract I have 28 days statutory holiday including bank holidays. I work 5 days and have 2 days off a week. The business is closed on bank holiday Mondays. If the bank holiday Monday is part of my 2 days off, and I am paid for the bank holiday, am I entitled to a day off in lieu?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long have you been working there for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
18 months

OK thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Many thanks for your patience. You would not get the right to getting as day off in lieu as you are already getting a day off and getting paid for it. The fact that it was your nominated day off would not make a difference, especially as you are only getting the minimum legal entitlement to holidays (28 a year). Had you been a part time worker who does not work Mondays and does not get paid for it, then there would have been a requirement to allow you a day off in lieu and payment for that time, but that is not the case here.

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the actual legal position. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service I have provided regardless of the contents of the answer, I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. Thank you