Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I started working for a haulage firm last August 2017 we had

Customer Question

I started working for a haulage firm last August 2017 we had a verbal agreement that I would earn £650.00 salaried before tax been £500.00 basic £100.00 nites out £50.00 meal allowance I had two weeks off after 2 weeks working and got paid two weeks full pay been £553.67 Christmas time we got paid on the basic £500.00 after tax been £399.00 the bank holidays we just had we got deducted £25.00 nite out money and £12.50 meal allowance I have finished my weeks notice and had two weeks pay been £800.00 gross my average earnings have been from £553.00 to £620.00 net plus we also got £10.00 a week mobile phone allowance the nites out and meal allowance were not taxable as that was the way so we could clear £550.00 a week so with the holidays and bank holidays I am £750.00 pounds down would be grateful for some advice thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Were you working as an employee or self employed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Employee
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’ve already paid

Thanks. A verbal agreement can be just as legally binding as a written one, but the issue is proving that it existed, which can be made that bit more difficult if the employer denies its existence.

Howeve, if you have some evidence that it was negotiated you can use that to take things further to try and claim what you are due. Even without much documentary evidence, your own evidence (your knowledge of information) is enough to be used to pursue a claim if necessary.

You have 3 months in which to make a claim so do not delay things. The good things is that this is free to make so the risks are relatively low.

Please take a quick second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the steps you need to follow to make a claim. There is no extra cost for this - leaving your rating now will not close the question and means we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a quick second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks