How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12523
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I wish to leave my employment in a large company. I worked

Customer Question

I wish to leave my employment in a large company. I worked for this company for over ten years, I am suppose to give a month notice but I would like to give 2 weeks maximum 3 weeks notice, is there anything the company can do against me?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Will they suffer any losses if you were not there to work the remainder of your notice?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
only they would have to find a replacement from an Agency which they do regularly! (I am a Chef working for Compass Company)
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Would that replacement cost more than you?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

Hi there, please confirm if this replacement employee will cost the company more than what you are costing them?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Do you actually still need help with this?