taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

My daughter has just resigned from her job. She has been

Customer Question

Hello, my daughter has just resigned from her job. She has been given a settlement agreement which she has been told needs to be signed by a solicitor or she doesn’t get her months notice pay. Who pays for this?
Expert:  taratill replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today.

If she has been offered a settlement Agreement to terminate her employment then the normal practice is that the employer pays for the legal costs associated with the solicitor advising on the Agreement and signing it off.

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.