How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6744
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

My daughter has just resigned from her job. She has been

Customer Question

Hello, my daughter has just resigned from her job. She has been given a settlement agreement which she has been told needs to be signed by a solicitor or she doesn’t get her months notice pay. Who pays for this?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  taratill replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today.

If she has been offered a settlement Agreement to terminate her employment then the normal practice is that the employer pays for the legal costs associated with the solicitor advising on the Agreement and signing it off.

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.