Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I have just been informed after investigation that the

Customer Question

I have just been informed after investigation that the company is moving to formal disciplinary hearing. This relates to a gross misconduct for an alleged theft of company property.The property taken was a portable work lamp from inside a vehicle. I did remove and borrow the item with the intention of returning it but I forget and it was reported as a theft by someone. I have been suspended but now they are moving to disciplinary. I’ve alredy said I took them item, but there was never the intention to permanently keep it. The item has since been returned. I’ve worked for the company for 11 years with an unblemished record. There were mitigating factors such as being under stress because of workload and and only 2 hours sleep the night befor due to our newborn. This clouded my judgement and I make a poor decision. Firstly what is the likely outcome given my admission with valid reasoning and mitigation?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Is your record otherwise clean?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Never had any problems before.

Hi I replied to this separately