How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57230
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have a problem with my previous place of work, she don't

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon. I have a problem with my previous place of work, she don't want to pay my holiday days and also she is talking bad with me, swearing to me and calling me in the worst ways. How I can solve this in the quickest way? Thank you so much
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I was trying to solve with her for several times, she was everytime saying that will not pay me and things
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. I don't want to have any contact with her,she is such a bad person. She is not even make contracts to people,I mean she is saying that will make but in 4months and a half she was not giving me the contract to sign, everytime she was extending the waiting time

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

When did you leave?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. I left on 30 november

Were you working as an employee or self employed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How i can solve this thing? I mean where i should go or where i can apply/claim about this?

Thank you. The non-payment of holiday pay is something you can make a claim I the employment tribunal for and you have to do this within 3 months of leaving.

Before a person can make a claim in the employment tribunal, they would be required to participate in mandatory early conciliation through the Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS).

The purpose of this process is to allow ACAS to mediate between the claimant and respondent to agree on an out of court settlement in order to avoid the need for legal action in tribunal. The respondent does not have to engage in these discussions, or if they do and the talks are unsuccessful, the claimant will be issued with a certificate allowing them to make a claim.

However, if a settlement is reached, the claimant would agree not to proceed with the claim in return for the agreed financial settlement. Other terms can also be agreed as part of the settlement, such as an agreed reference.

To initiate the conciliation procedure ACAS can be contacted online by filling in the following form (, or by phone on 0300(###) ###-####

If the conciliation process was not successful and you then wanted to make a formal claim in tribunal, you can do so here:

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much x I will start this as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your help :)

you are most welcome

Ben Jones and 4 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you