taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

My employer being suspended me from work. Can i work at

Hi.My employer being suspended me from work. Can i work at another company during the suspended times?
JA: Have you discussed the suspension with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes with my manager and HR as well. I received few email,and also i sent them answers .
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee,I did not belong to a union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i just want an answer for this question

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for and are you suspended on full pay?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** help.I workink since 9 years on my current workplace. Yes i suspended on full pay.

Do you normally work for another employer as well? How long have you been suspended for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
First i would like an answer for my question on this site,please. Later maybe i will need a lawyer in this case,if i can not solve this problem.

No problem we can continue on here, do you normally work for another employer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been suspended from 12 of April. I looking for an another workplace, but i do not know that i can sign a new work contract until this proggress is not finish.

Do you intend on going back to work for them ever or are do you just want to know if you can take another job?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to back to my current workplace,just i would like to work while i wait the decision.

Unless you get express permission from your current employer (the one you are suspended from ) then this will be in breach of contract, unfortunately. During a period of suspension you should be available for work at all times, which you would not be if you are doing another job.

Is there anything further you would like to know about this?

If I have answered your question please do take the time to rate my answer, thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** happy that you informed me about it. have a nice day..

No problem at all, you too, please remember to rate my answer before leaving the site so that I can be credited for my time , thank you and all the best.