Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I need an advise on a case with discrimination or direct

Customer Question

Good morning. I need an advise on a case with discrimination or direct discrimination at work
Assistant: Have you discussed this discrimination issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes they are supposed to invastigate it but as far as I know the company I work in they gonna try to cover it up
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I'm employed on full time
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think for now it's ok
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please explain the situation in full, and please also tell me how long you have worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nice to talk with You Ben. I have a problem with a team leader in my workplace. I'm working there for a year being full time worker since january

Please explain the issue you are having with the team leader and what you are ideally hoping to achieve so that I can advise

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Team leader of mine was treating me and my fiancee unfairly creating small group of people around himself and rewarding people for being close to him in a private way. It started to be unfair when we were treated as those who do the job while they were not asked to work, instead they were protected. There was a case of elder lady asking my fiancee to say about that to the managers but this team leader exposed my fiancee to friend of his which reflected on her with worse treatment. Lately the man who is in charge of us at work started relationship with a girl working there by an agency and now she is treated way better than as due to private background of their relationship. For example he's taking her with a car extending their breaks while we are working and they are smoking marijuana and propably having sex. I spoke with this girl to pay her attention to the fact that it's not nice to be treated worse than her and she said to the managers that "I have a problem with her". I exposed everything except of them having sex and smoking at work but I know date and time when cameras can be checked while they go on a break like that with his car

What is your specific query in relation to this and how long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I take them to the court for that and if there are chances of me winning. What can I obtain for that and should I react on them now at work
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I worked there for 1 year
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
At work they said they gonna make an investigation now to see if they have relationship and if it affects his treatment but most likely they gonna try to cover it up. There were many more cases of him treating us unfairly but the case of him having relationships like that at work and exposing people when they talk about unfair treatment is propably the most punishable

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Thanks for your patience. I am a bit unclear on understanding how any of this is a case of discrimination – why do you think that is the case?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
First of all the discrimination which occurs there is based on gender. For example woman who are pretty and willing to be in such relationship with managers are treated way different than the others. For example very long breaks at work with no further consequences or promoting for things way different than hard work. We are being treated less favourable when we are comming just to work and not to get inside of groups like that. I know the day and time when one manager went on a break with a girl they were missing for longer than supposed to cause from what I know they are smoking marijuana and there is a possibility they they had sex cause the girl went inside red on face like a beetroot and went straight to the toilet. Obviously it's hard to prove it just with camera record which shows them getting to a car leaving and then comming back but it still feels not right that some are allowed to do that while the rest needs to work. Overall it seems to be discrimination when people who are personally liked by the manager are treated better and there is no consequences for them when they do something wrong but there are consequences for the people outside of these groups

Ok but I assume it is also possible that a woman, who is not as attractive ant not liked as much ends up in the same position as you?

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above - I assume it is also possible that a woman, who is not as attractive ant not liked as much ends up in the same position as you?