Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

This morning i had a phone call from a colleague saying i

Customer Question

Good afternoon, this morning i had a phone call from a colleague saying i had received a speeding ticketthis was the first i had heard about it. Obviously my boss had been telling people before telling me, he still hasn’t informed of the ticket. Can he do this or is it a breach of confidentiality?? Thanks Phil.
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No not as yet.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee, no not part of a union.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Just to clarify, this was whilst using a company vehicle?

Please can you also tell me how long you have worked there for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it was.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3years 9months

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. as this is personal information about you from which you can be identified, you could argue that it is a breach of data protection and he should not have disclosed this to anyone apart from you, or whoever had the right to know about it, such as for example management or payroll/HR, for example if you had to pay it out of your wages or to update your personnel record.

On that basis, you can consider raising a formal grievance with them to officially complain about what has happened. However, this is probably not serious enough to take to the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a formal complaint about a data protection breach so try and keep it internal.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you