How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6398
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

A disgruntled client sent me (my company) an email asking

This answer was rated:

A disgruntled client sent me (my company) an email asking for money (£5000) back because he was unhappy with the service we gave him. We were paid to find an investor for his startup company but, given the short timeframe given, we were unable to secure any serious offers. I responded explaining that he had received the service he paid for and offered to approach more investors, to do this we would need more time. So far we have not received a reply. In order for him to go to a small claims court, should he first give us the chance to right the wrong or can he file regardless?


He would need to give you a chance to remedy the wrong before filing a court claim. This is known as Pre Action Protocol, which you may read about here:

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can the claimant file a claim without fulfilling this step and not giving us a chance to remedy the wrong?

He can do so but you can inform the court that this was not followed by the claimant.

All the best

UKSolicitorJA and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you