C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Laywer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

I’m having an issue with my employer and wanted you to take

Hi, I’m having an issue with my employer and wanted you to take a look at my contract to see whether I can start working for myself.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee, currently working the last few weeks of my notice. I don’t belong to a union.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed lawyer from the UK.

Sure, it can be done, but the service will incur a subsequent legal fee, would that be acceptable?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
essentially I have handed my notice in because I have setup up as a sole trader/freelancer, offering the exact same services as he does. Now ive just had a big falling out with him about me leaving and I’m scared that he would be able to take me to court and sue me if I peruse working for myself. I only live around 5 miles from his office and I will be working from home. I’ve read my contract and from what I can understand I cannot offer any services, or work for anyone that would compete with his business. Surely this is too restrictive to earn a living? Please attached my contract and under section 18 it says about doing work for other companies.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What would the legal fee be?

I understand.

This is how we can proceed, I will advise in regards ***** ***** contract via email directly.

The reason for this procedure is due to confidentiality of the agreement.

We can arrange for an affordable legal fee.

You should see a blue box with my email above.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it over.