Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

The respondent solicitor offered me a full and final

Hi Ross.
the respondent solicitor offered me a full and final settlement. and keep asking me to justify my claim is worth to go ahead otherwise i need to drop my cliam. do i have to answer his questions?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
by the way, i don't intend to accept the respondent settlement offer as they offered me a very low amount.

Hello thanks for this. If you can send me a list of all your questions I can set a price to answer them all and this way you won't need to continually pay the set amount if this helps or is this your last question?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i am really low with money at the moment, do you mind to let me know if i need to answer the respondent solicitor with his question or not please?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i am worried that, i might get disadvantage at the hearing day, not answering respondent solicitor questions

There is no legal requirement for you to respond to the offer however, I would advise that you do. Can you tell me what you are claiming for what you have valued the claim at and what they have offered you as a settlement. and I can guide you through the process.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
if i don't answer the respondent question, do i get disadvantage, since the respondent solicitor are trying to settle before the hearing? even though with a very little amount of money?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thanks for your offer and i will think about your offer and let you know later on.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
this is the last question for today

No, you will not be disadvantaged as these are non-prejudicial discussions and the court do not get made aware of them unless an application for costs is made after a final hearing, but you would know about this in advance.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
actually, they intend to make an application for the cost for helpless claim

how much money have they offered you and how much are you claiming for?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
does it mean the judge will see my answer as well?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i made a schedule of loss of about 35,000 and they offered 5000.

No the courts do not get to see any of these correspondence during proceedings

How did you come to £35k

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
4500 for basic reward and the rest is 1 year of my salary. ET sent me a form so I fil in the form which ET sent to me.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
while i calculating, i deducted the money i received when i left the company.

How did you get £31k for compensatory award?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
my one year salary after tax

why are you claiming one year salary?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
minus money i received when i left.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i wasn't able to find a job for one year

Ok, I think it would be a good idea to have someone review your claim as there are a lot of different aspects you will need to consider and you don't want to end up being liable for their legal fees. I would be obliged if you could accept the answer, please don't hesitate to contract me if you need any further help. Best

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok thanks for your advise.!