Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am ending a contract on mutual basis without any

I am ending a contract on mutual basis without any consequences I want to know how I should end this with what terms.
Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I am a doctor and I was working with the agency. I need a reference letter for my next job. So I want the contract ending terms to be correct. So that they do not give me a bad review
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: No I have not discussed it with anyone
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am new to UK and want to know

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please explain why the contract is ending on a mutual basis and how long you have worked there for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was a one year contract ending in March2020, I have been working with the agency since march2019. the reason why I wanted to end was that I was allocated a hospital very far from my house which would cost me around 300 to 400pounds ,after I requested them if they could cover the travel expenses along with my salary which they refused. I didn't want to travel that far so I requested for a closer location which could not be arranged by the agency. That's when I asked for the terms of terminating the contract and the agency have agreed on mutual termination of contract without consequences or financial implications this would be effective from 16th September.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. If there is a mutual agreement for the contract to terminate early, then all you have to do is reference that fact in the letter to make it clear that it was agreed between you and the agency. You can say something along the lines of:

“Following our discussion on [date] and the mutual agreement for the contract between me and [agency] to be terminated on 16 September 2019, I am hereby submitting notice to confirm this. I wish to thank you for releasing me from any further obligations under the contract and also for the opportunity to work with you for this period of time. I hope that you are agreeable for me to use you as a referee for any future employment opportunities”

Something like that will be sufficient and you can always add a few more bits around it if you wish to include more detail.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks

All the best