Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I submitted a grievance for breach of contract but I have

I submitted a grievance for breach of contract but I have also had my contract terminated, my last working day is tomorrow but they are insisting I attend a meeting on the Friday, can they do this?
Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee and I don’t belong to a union
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the grievance is due to them not fulfilling my contracted hours, and now they are saying that the meeting is part of my contracted hours

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Why did your employer terminate your contract? Also, how long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They said they didn’t have enough work, worked for them for just under a year but most of that time I never received my contracted hours and brought it up with them but it was never resolved

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. once your employment terminates, they no longer have any control over you so if they are asking you to attend a meeting on Friday, you would not be obliged to do so. However, if you are also expecting them to deal with your grievance, you can no longer force them to do so because you are no longer employed by them and as a result you also have no say or rights any further in that respect. Therefore, if you want to continue with the grievance you will potentially have to attend on days when they want you to, but if you do not do so they could easily state that the matter is closed and they will not be considering this any further.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you

All the best