Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

What do I do if I think I have been looked over for a

What do I do if I think I have been looked over for a promotion at work while on maternity leave due Tito the creation of a new role that ami was not consulted about and would have applied for. This new role includes part of my existing responsibilities
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: My line manager told me about the restructure today and that the new role had been awarded to my peer
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been with the company for 8 years

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Ross

From the information you have given above it could potentially be argued that you have been discriminated against due to the fact that you are pregnant. You will have to make a complaint to your employer, however it sounds as though you have already raised the issue. Following this, you would have to raise early conciliation with Acas to see if there can be a resolution to the matter. Failing this you would then have to make a claim with the Employment Tribunal who would ultimately make a determination on the matter.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions.

Ross

If you accept the answer, I can provide you with a private email where you can have your case reviewed by my company

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am currently on mat leave (baby born 8 June) I was told at meeting with my boss this afternoon. Nothing in writing no details of new job spec. I haven’t yet raised my disappointment or dissatisfaction. If you are able to put me in touch with your company that would be great. Is there a fee for this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would call but too late this evening

Please ignore the phone call it is automatically generated by the website. I will get back to you in the next few minutes I am just quickly dealing with another matter.

Yes, there is a fee as we have to do via the site rules however, if you want I can charge $25 and I can give you the consultation for free from my company (instead of paying my company for document review). In order to do this I would require you to accept this answer and rate me 5 starts please. I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That’s ok. I will have a think about how best to proceed. I do not wish to pay 25$ at this point. Many thanks.

No Problem, feel free to post a question for me in the future and I would be happy to pick it up for you. One thing you need to be aware of is that you only have 3 months minus one day of the discrimination to bring a claim. If you click on the link below I will send over my email. (I have just realised I can adjust the cost but the minimum is $5)