Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Can I give my notice before being dismissed from work, today

Can I give my notice before being dismissed from work, today had the disciplinary meeting, however no decision was and made now he want a 2nd disciplinary meeting tomorrow again, can I give me notice in before the meeting as I haven't been dismissed yet?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long is your notice period?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The normal notice period is 4 weeks

Thank you. You can give notice at any time but if you do not work your notice period, then you would be acting in breach of contract. The issue is that if you were to resign now and give 4 weeks notice, you would continue being employed for that period of time and during that time your employer could still continue with the disciplinary process and even dismiss you before the end of the notice period. An alternative is to approach the employer and negotiate for an immediate release where you give up your right to notice and leave immediately and they agree to drop the disciplinary against you