Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I started a job on the 2nd of September 2019 and basically

Customer Question

I started a job on the 2nd of September 2019 and basically got accused of racism by the director yesterday and he talked to me like a peace of meat, it had nothing to do with me but I was so shocked by the way he spoke to me. I wasn’t happy and wanted to walk out of the job but I stayed I feel so uncomfortable there but need the money. Where do I stand if I was to take this to the tribunal
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No as all the managers are on his side and feel like they won’t help me
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: They don’t have a union within the company and I’m on a 3 month probation
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s it I just wanted some advice
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

What are you going to be claiming for? Please note I am mobile today so may not be able to reply until later today thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Discrimination as I feel like I’ve been picked on for no reason by the director. He didn’t ask me any questions regarding the situation he just accused me when I did not have anything to do with it
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. So how were YOU treated detrimentally because of a protected characteristic, like race, religion, gender, disability, etc? You may have been accused of racism but how was your race the reason for any detrimental treatment by the employer?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: So how were YOU treated detrimentally because of a protected characteristic, like race, religion, gender, disability, etc? You may have been accused of racism but how was your race the reason for any detrimental treatment by the employer?