Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am looking for advice in terms of how I have been treated

Customer Question

Hi I am looking for advice in terms of how I have been treated by my employer. After 19 years service with an excellent record n both performance and 100% attendance. My employer told me they would have to performance manage me and manage me out which was a complete shock. I asked what the changes were of me achieving performance management plans and they said none and I would leave with nothing. I said they should make me an offer as I am not going quietly. The offer they made was a settlement agreement of £10709 which is not sufficient given my service and the fact it just feels I have been left with no choice but to leave when I dont want to. I have since learned there are two people who are prepared to give witness statements advising they were told I would go and if I didnt know then I would soon and to watch this space. There is now also a manager who is spreading malicious rumours about me in the office to which again there is a witness statement. I dont want to leave a job I have loved but the settlement agreement is not enough considering the evidence that is building. They have also breaches my dpa 4 times which is currently being investigated but this agreement would sweep everything under the carpet. What advice would you give?
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Ive discussed it with both HR and my line manager and my union rep. HR and my line manager are not interested in me returning to work and are more trying to push down the agreement route. I dont have a lwayer at the moment i am waiting to hear back from one with an appointment
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee. I do belong to a union who suggested I raise a grievance but the company dont follow that process well at all
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of just now
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

So what reason have they provided for wanting to do this?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Ben. My name is ***** ***** I am just looking for some advise on the situation I find myself in
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

Hi there. Please provide the information requested so that I can advise

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

what reason have they provided for wanting to do this?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above: