Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Advice on employment law issue for an employee, Need to

Advice on employment law issue for an employee
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Need to discuss with Lawyer
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: Yes. I am an employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Job has been advertised without knowledge. Been in the role less than two years.
- Am one of the senior management, and the only person who does my specific technical role AND the job spec is def mine as I wrote it and its my words.
- No performance issues raised, no negative feedback given at all. Have proactively tried every few months to get any feedback and its all been you are doing a great job, doing what we need etc etc.
- Have been increasingly feeling like I have been left out of things (for example I work 4 days a week but there is a key meeting that is being held behind my back on my day off).
- I have raised with my boss (the CEO) that I have felt excluded and on the back foot on some certain issues and have been repeatedly told that I am being paranoid and been dismissed.Given under 2 years unsure of rights in this situation. Cannot claim discrimination unless use the part time working but then that isnt a protected characteristic from what I understand.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Why do you think your PT status is the reason for this?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't necessarily think it is - but they have been arranging key meetings on my day off without telling me, and giving me no opportunity to move my schedule to accommodate. I often swap days to meet business needs. I suspect my face just doesn't fit anymore but have been given no negative feedback or any indication of the fact I'm not performing as required.

Thank you. I think relying on the PT Regulations as a way to challenge them will be difficult. They are really there to protect PT workers from detrimental treatment in a sense where they may be given fewer rights, not paid fairly or get the same benefits as FT workers, etc.

I can see general unfair treatment here but I believe that hanging your arguments on the PT argument is somewhat hanging on to straws as there is nothing else to hang on to.

So unless you can find anything to do with discrimination and the other main protected characteristics, I am afraid you may not have legal right to challenge this. You must appreciate that not every situation will aloe an employee to challenge their employer and sometimes there could simply be nothing one could do, even if they are being treated unfairly.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you

All the best