Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am due to meet with my HR department to discuss

Hi, I am due to meet with my HR department to discuss accommodations that I need re my disabilities that my manager will not agree to implement. I am allowed to bring someone with me to the meeting. How do I go about getting a professional person to assist me? Would it cost a lot of money? Also, am I allowed to have my husband present at the meeting also? Thank you.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have with my manager and she has told me if I wish to pursue with my request she will organise another meeting with HR present.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee. County Council. I work in a school in the office.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I do not belong to a union.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi Ben 7.5 years
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Continue with text please
Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** employer not stipulated who can attend with you at the meeting?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I was told that I could bring someone but I would like to bring a professional and my husband. How do I go about getting a professional to attend to support me?

Ok thanks, ***** ***** would need to clarify who exactly you are allowed to bring as under law you can only have a colleague or trade union representative with you. The employer can allow anyone but that is up to the so that is why you should confirm with them if there are any limitations on who your companion can be.

If you wanted to have a professional attend with you, then it would either have to be a union rep or a solicitor. If you are a member of a union you can ask them to provide a rep for you, but otherwise you may have to get a ‘pay as you go’ rep, such as from companies like Castle Associates or Slater Gordon who provide that service. Alternatively, it is a lawyer but that is rather expensive, you are looing at at least £200+VAT per hour.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have been helpful.

All the best