Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Got a permanent job but employer slow in completing

Hi, got a permanent job but employer slow in completing paperwork so continued working on zero hours contract as 'trial'period. This is
JA: Was the zero hours contract issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: It's nhs
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to broach the subject with the employer without them withdrawing the offer
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Furthervbackground info: having completed 2 projects for the same employer I applied for this permanent position, went through two stage interview and was verbally offered the job. Agreed to carry on for a couple of months as a trial period while being paid in the same way as when I was working on the project, as a "bank" employee meaning submitting a time sheet and being paid on a weekly basis, holiday ET all included and not accrued. When introduced to the new team the goal post moved to three months trial period. We are today in the first week of the forth month, no mention of my permanent contract. Not sure how to proceed in order to secure the contract. Thank you for any advice you could provide

Hello, my name is Ben, I am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

When did you start working for them?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello Ben, first project from November 2016 to January 2018, second project from October 2018 to effectively today and continuing. In July 2019 I agreed to split time between project work and the new permanent role 2:3 and from mid August have been working full time in the new role.

Hi there, you can always approach it informally and then slowly escalate it internally as needed. The main right you have is that you were officially offered that jobs and even though it has bene delayed, there is still a legally binding contract in place there. Therefore, if they withdraw the offer now and do not allow you to start the permanent job as promised, you can advise them that they will be acting in breach of contract and that you may have to pursue them for compensation for loss of earnings resulting from that. Obviously, do not go in with these threats straight away and try to resolve it amicably, but if it appears they are reluctant to do so then you may ramp up the pressure if needed by making it clear you know your contractual rights.

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Yes, thanks, your answer was really helpful.

All the best