Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Laywer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Can I call you? Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager

Can I call you?
Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: With my manager and HR
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I have a lawyer with me in my capability meeting with HR ?
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm are you concerned about a dismissal?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes, I have been with the company for 15 years and was told that I need to improve my managerial skill.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’ll have my first meeting with HR and would like to know what are my rights.
Hi, thank you for your message. I would recommend that you do the following:
1) review the work place grievance and disciplinary procedures to determine what it states about who you can bring to the meeting.
2) Check that your employer are following the ACAS Code of Practice (http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2174). The ACAS Code of Practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures gives practical guidance for handling these issues in the workplace.Make sure the procedure is being followed. If it isn't, you should point this out to your employer. It could mean that any decision they make is unfair. ACAS' advice is that it is always best to resolve workplace disputes as early as possible.
3) Call ACAS. The ACAS Helpline can give advice on internal processes and policies to help you through this (0300 123 1100).
4) if you are a union member contact your union as a union representative can accompany you to the meeting.
5) if you are not a union member become one as they may still be able to help.
6) ask HR if you can bring a solicitor if their procedures are not clear on this.
7) you should bring someone to the meeting as you want someone there to confirm what was said and help take notes.
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
1. can bring colleague or rep from trade union
2. Yes
3..thank you I will
4. New member- can’t be represented
5. They can’t help
6. Any recommendations for solicitor
7. I was ask to come with examples for the PDP form, Can I ask my manager for her expectations prior to the meeting?
The PDP criteria are very broad and it is a clear set up for failure, how can I make them realistic to be achieved?
I need to bring different examples for the period of 6 weeks, which is impossible. How can I make it measurable?
Hi, thank you for your message. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org you will be able to search by area and expertise. In regards to PDP criteria yes you can speak to your employer about this, they may have examples from the past. Ask if they have a document setting out examples they are looking for. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.