Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

To continue our discussion, I work for a primary school.

To continue our discussion, I work for a primary school. However, my wages are paid by the council. Who, ultimately is my boss? If I chose to take this matter to an employment tribunal, will I be taking the school, or the council?

Hello, my name is Ben, I am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Hi there. I will get back to you with my answer later today. Many thanks

Hello again, what does your contract say about who your employer is?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, I should have thought of that. My contract says that my employer is the council. But, I now have another question �� should my taking the minibus home with me make it a perk of the job? Should it have been treated as a bonus, and can I then be liable for anything with the Inland Revenue?

Hi there, this is actually a tax question so you would have to post a new query on that in our Tax Section and a tax expert will assist you over there. Hope this clarifies?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Ok, thanks for explaining it

No worries, all the best