taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Can a manager ask me to sign off false data to be submitted

Can a manager ask me to sign off false data to be submitted to a government agency?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: With my manager. She is adamant.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee, Union member
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just the law applicable to the question.

Hello my name is Jenny I am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
15 years

Hi no it is entirely innappropriate for them to do this. You can refuse and raise a grievance about being asked to do this. If they try to take action against you for refusing then that action would be unfair.

Do you have any further questions about this please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I cannot talk now. But I only need you to tell me yes or no and point to the right

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for the reply. This is what I needed. Best wishes ZN

no problem at all, I would be very grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer before leaving the site today. Thank you and all the best.