Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

Ben, how many people are there in the Employment Tribunal

Hi Ben, how many people are there in the Employment Tribunal hearing? And how I should call them, in order to be polite? Thanks

Hello, my name is Ben, I am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

There are usually 3 persons on the tribunal panel – one is the Judge, the others are the panel members and will be suitable qualified, but not necessarily legally trained. You would address each one as Sir or Madam/Ma’am.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In my case of an Unfair Dismissal claim, what would be the name of the Law, that’s applied to judge it’s a fair dismissal or unfair dismissal

Not sure I understand your question, please clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
e.g., if the judge decides this is an unfair dismissal, he will base on which law to judge
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the name of the law is Employment Law, or what law

Employment Rights Act 1996

My response to your query should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to confirm this by replying on here. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Ben, i saw from the internet that, if the Respondent keeps incooperative in the ET hearing document preparation, I can ask the ET to issue and "Unless Order" to the Respondent, saying "if you don't provide the evidence that the Claimant requests, you would be struck out". Is that true?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
and what does "Strike out the case" mean? Does it mean the ET would judge me to win straight away, without going to the hearing? Thanks.

Yes you can ask for an unless order but it shouldn’t be the first port of call – it is saved for continuous and deliberate failures to adhere to orders. A strike out is when the while case is dismissed and the other party is automatically the winner. Does this clarify things a bit more for you?

Hs this clarified your position, please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Ben
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I was a litigation in person for my case. Is it possible that, a few days before the ET hearing, I hire a barrister to present me at the hearing? Thanks.

Yes you can engage a lawyer at any time

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do you have any barrister resource to recommend? Thanks
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
And what would be the average cost for a barrister to represent at the hearing for 1 day? Thanks

Just to advise you, if you wanted to ask more queries after this time you have to open a new question but I will just answer these two quickly to finish this up – first of all we cannot recommend any lawyers as we are impartial so you need to find these yourself. As to their fees, they can vary but barristers are usually the most expensive option, you are easily looking at several hundred per day so it depends on how long the hearing is, and together with their preparation and research time, you are easily looking at over a thousand at least