Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

If given a contact of employment by a company which they

Customer Question

If given a contact of employment by a company which they have signed are they deemed to be in breach of contract if they withdraw the offer of employment
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No all correspondence was by mail, I am assuming that the offer of employment was given by HR after giving all the relevant information requested
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: I believe that the workplace is with unionised employees given that the employer in Richmondshire District Council
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, HR sent a letter withdrawing the offer of employment saying that that the proposal of employment was dependent on having a Driving licence even though the job advert did not specify this, as the position was for a refuse collector
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

DO you not have a driving licence?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am not sure if you saw my query above:

Do you not have a driving licence?