Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I am working as a nanny from May 2018.. When we spoke for

Customer Question

Good morning, I am working as a nanny from May 2018.. When we spoke for interview I told them my rate of 13 pounds an hour Net, and I'll pay my own tax for I'm on a self employed category. So every week I receive a full amount of 520 for a 10 hour a day/ 4 days week. Then of February it change for 5 days a week and received a full amount of 650 a week.
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: There's some more. They say they over pay me for It should be gross. And aside from paying Hmrc, they also pay me full amount. And ask for the repayment. Other thing is they pay nanny tax and I haven't got an idea that they put me on Paye and I did not receive any pay slip.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: My category is self employed and pay my tax after sending my self assessment before end of October.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My employer want me to repay them for a total of 9, 551 from May 2018 over payment up to date
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Please clarify whether you invoice your employer gross or net?