Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

What is the minimum notice period if you don't have an

What is the minimum notice period if you don't have an employment contract?
JA: Was the employment contract issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: I'm the only employee in the UK Limited company
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked for your employer?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
A bit over 2 years
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would prefer to chat

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience. If you are the one leaving, then by law you would be expected to give the employer at least a week’s notice if you have worked there for more than a month. If they were the ones terminating your employment then the notice must be a week for each full year of service you have with them, up to a maximum of 12 weeks’ notice.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes! Thank you very much for your advice

All the best