frantzgregory
frantzgregory,
80411141

Assistant: How can I help? i am due to have a baby in the

Customer Question

Hi there
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i am due to have a baby in the coming weeks but do not qualify for SMP, instead I can claim Maternity Allowance (MA). My company however, as a gesture of good will has said they will pay me 90% of my wages for 6 weeks (outside of government entitlements) - but will this affect my ability to claim MA?
Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: employee
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is all
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Happy to wait for an answer
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 days ago.

Hello Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your query today.

Any additional income could potentially affect your Maternity Allowance because there are many considerations. There is a government calculator online that you may find useful in determining what Maternity Allowance you are entitled to. https://www.gov.uk/pay-leave-for-parents

If you are still unsure you can contact the Department for Work and Pensions on 0800 169 0283 or your local citizens advice bureau.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you.