Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I'm coming back with a few more questions. To explain my

Hi again! I'm coming back with a few more questions.To explain my situation now: I work as self-employed for a big company (Company 1). I also have under me 1 person (Employee) who helps me get appointments, in order to generate sales for Company 1. Now... I also have my own company (Company 2) and I paid the well deserved commission to the Employee from its account but there is no contract for now, as she just started a few weeks ago.More recently, customer of Company 1, acquired through me, as self employed, and the Employee, is very angry because of possibly misleading, and threatens to sue me, Company 1, and the Employee.My questions:1. What am I doing wrong now?
2. How can I fix it?
3. How will I be affected in case of a law suit against me and the Employee.
4. How is the Employee going to be affected?
5. What is the best insurance company that can cover this kind of issues? Please be more specific about the insuriance products I should look into (what precisely should they cover?)Many thanks in advance, I know this might be a lot to process.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi there, this would be a question more suited for an employment lawyer - there are such experts on this site so I will opt out to let one of them help you with this going forwards.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Oh, ok. Thank you!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is there an estimated time in which I should receive a reply? Thanks

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes, please find me the professional.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi there! Are there any news about the answer to my question? If not, please let me know how to cancel my subscription. Thanks!

Hello my name is Ross and I can help.

On what grounds do they believe to be misled, has this caused them any detriment (financial or otherwise). Why would they threaten your employee with legal actions? I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have to say, Company1 didn't give me any more updates about this case, so it might as well be resolved. In case it isn't, then the customer might have felt misled about the cancellation terms (probably told they were able to cancel within 14 days and they cannot... )
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The only financial prejudice would be that they would have to pay the cancellation fees if they want to terminate the contract with Company 1
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What do you advise?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
And thanks for your reply, Ross!

Thank you for the information. In this case they have no position to take any legal action against you at all. Worst case scenario is that they could refuse to pay the cancellation fee then argue that this is because they were misled. And I think that the absolute worst case (but highly unlikely scenario) would be that a court seen they were mislead by you, therefore you have to pay the cancelation fee instead of the customer. However, and I may be wrong, but nobody is going to pay thousands of pounds in legal fees for something like this. I don't think you have anything to worry about. However, you may want to address where your terms crossover with Company 1's and look at this, but to answer your question no, I don't think they have any grounds for a legal action.

I hope this information has helped.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Ross

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
There was another question as well - how will the Employee be affected? Thanks! And yes, I will definitely make sure I will rate this conversation.

I don't see how the employee could be affected in any way. If they have made a mistake that has ended up costing you money, then its up to you as their employer what you want to do about this. Company 1 has not authority over your employee. at all!

Thank you I think the rating starts are at the top of the webpage.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Also: what am I doing wrong at the moment (if anything!) and how can I fix it? Thank you! I'll make sure to give the right rating :)

I Don't understand, I don't think you are doing anything wrong, just sounds like a bad tempered customer.

Ross Miller,
Experience: Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Alright. Thanks a lot and have a lovely evening! :)

Thank you. All the best.