Remus2004
Remus2004, Advocate
Experience:  I am a barrister
12826847

I have a question. It relates to criminal law Assistant:

Hi I have a question . It relates to criminal law
Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: Here is the info
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: Hi, My question is this . Background info. There have in the past 3 years been two police investigations with the police pushing to go to trial and potentially arrest two members of my immediate family for life threatening assaults made upon me when I was small child. I made a 6 hour police statement 3 1/2 years ago at Saville Row police station when disturbing memories started to resurface. The police response was that probably nothing could be done as historic - but called 5 weeks later saying they knew about this and wanted to go ahead . However despite two family members being interviewed under caution last year, and a haven being chosen for me to be remotely interviewed in - the police decided against taking the case to the CPS as they were afraid I Would be retraumatised. What I wish to know is how I can have released ( under freedom of information act) what police knew about me - ( relating to myself and injuries in the 1970s)? I have had no legal advice whatsoever in this
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, My question is this . Background info. There have in the past 3 years been two policeinvestigations with the police pushing to go to trial and potentially arrest two members of my immediate family for life threatening assaults made upon me when I was small child. I made a 6 hour police statement 3 1/2 years ago at Saville Row police station when disturbing memories started to resurface. The police response was that probably nothing could be done as historic - but called 5 weeks later saying they knew about this and wanted to go ahead . However despite two family members being interviewed under caution last year, and a haven being chosen for me to be remotely interviewed in - the police decided against taking the case to the CPS as they were afraid I Would be retraumatised. What I wish to know is how I can have released ( under freedom of information act) what police knew about me - ( relating to myself and injuries in the 1970s)? I have had no legal advice whatsoever in this
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Has that come through ok ? Happy to have written response

You have not actually asked a question.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes I have asked a question - did you read through my information?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please read the following

could you just tell me what you want to know?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My question is this . Background info. There have in the past 3 years been two police investigations with the police pushing to go to trial and potentially arrest two members of my immediate family for life threatening assaults made upon me when I was small child. I made a 6 hour police statement 3 1/2 years ago at Saville Row police station when disturbing memories started to resurface. The police response was that probably nothing could be done as historic - but called 5 weeks later saying they knew about this and wanted to go ahead . However despite two family members being interviewed under caution last year, and a haven being chosen for me to be remotely interviewed in - the police decided against taking the case to the CPS as they were afraid I
Would be retraumatised. What I wish to know is how I can have released ( under freedom of information act) what police knew about me - ( relating to myself and injuries in the 1970s)? I have had no legal advice whatsoever in this
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please read the information I have given - there is a question at the end - thanks

What the police knew about you in relation to what?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Regarding how to obtain information the police have about me - or historic investigations

You can make a freedom of information request. That will be refused.

You can appeal to the ICO.

You will need to be a good deal clearer what information you want. There is no prospect of the entire file being handed over to you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Jo - did the background information regarding the two police investigations come through ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I pasted it twice - background info - thanks
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The police had documentary evidence about from the 1970s . Sorry what is the ICO ? Thanks

Your post above is really unclear.

If you mean that you have made allegations about other people then there is no prospect of getting access to their PNCs.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Jo, I don’t think the cut and pasting worked . I did a 6 hour police witness Statement at Savile Row police station 3 1/2 years ago. The police suggested that nothing could be done as historic, however they phoned five weeks later to say they had looked into this new about it I wanted to go ahead. The police said that they wanted to hear me say I wanted truth and justice but that members of my immediate family based arrest. There were two investigations. In the end the police decided that although they had set up A meeting for me at a haven they thought I would be re-traumatised due to my young age and the nature of the assaults. However one of my accounts cooperated with what they knew however I do not have all the information. The police also asking about my brother who is brain-damaged and two elderly members one of which is indicating that this was through violence. Yes I wish to find a way to obtain what the police haveHave some documentary evidence about what has
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry for spelling mistakes

Well, as I said, you are not going to be able to get access to the PNC of the persons you accused. It is as simple as that.

You are trying to get access to information relating to the investigation of another person and the law doesn't allow for that.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry just one thing - what does PNC mean ?

Police national computer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.